The whole of Sheffield was covered in the 1849 survey by Capt. Barlow at a scale of 5' to the mile and comprised sheets 1-36 Each measuring 38 inches by 26. Copper Engraved with added hand colour & linnen backed. This sheet is cut through by the Sheffield Canal and the River Don at Washford Bridge it centers on the Fitzalan Iron & Steel Works and also includes Royds Mills Smelting, Royds Brewery and Corn Mill. The Attercliffe Steam Mill,Sugar House on Blast Lane,Park Cottage Bacon Lane and a good part of Oakes Green.
Author Barlow,Captain. Yolland,William.Captain. Gosset,William,Driscoll.
Publisher Southampton. Ordnance Map Office.Pub'd by Lt. Colonel Hall. 24th March 1853.