The next book fair will be in ST IVES, CORNWALL on Fri 23rd & Sat 24th Sept (click here for details)
The DUBLIN book fair will now be held on Sat 22nd & Sun 23rd OCTOBER.
CLICK
HERE TO SEE DETAILS OF ALL OUR FAIRS 

THE AUGUST ONLINE BOOK FAIR IS OPEN.  CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.

Book Description

The Greenland Fishery was a Public House for some 250 years – probably from 1660’s until the early 1900’s. Originally named 'The Fisherman’s Arms’ or 'The Waterman’s Arms’, by 1796 it had been renamed ‘The Greenland Fishery’ because of the importance of the sailors who worked in the whaling industry which was of major economic importance to the town of Lynn in Norfolk. In 1912 the whole of The Greenland Fishery including the land at the rear and the former public house, ‘The Cottage’ was bought by Edward Milligen Beloe who opened it as The Greenland Fishery Museum with a bakery in the northern side. Ships biscuits were made in the basement and visitors had to enter and exit through the bakery at the front. This is a scarce first edition of the guide to the museum contents published in 1912.
Dealer Notes
First Edition; 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall; illustrated by b/w. drawings & photo's.; includes index; staples rusty, wear to edges of paper covers.
Author Beloe, Edward Milligen
Date 1912
Binding Softcover (Side-stapled)
Publisher privately published, Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Condition Very Good Condition
Pages 63

Price: £60.00

Offered by Bookbarrow

Friends of the PBFA

For £10 get free entry to our fairs, updates from the PBFA and more.

Join PBFA

Membership of the PBFA is open to anyone who has been trading in antiquarian and second-hand books for a minimum of two years subject to certain criteria.
Find Out More