CARTER, J. N. The New Music Hall, Scarborough. Lithographed by F. Jones. Scarborough: S.W. Theakston, c. 1858. Large tinted lithographic print, 250 x 345 mm image size, [350 x 485 sheet size]. A little light spotting and a few marginal tears not affecting the printed image. A scarce large print printed by Day & Son. Very short lived, the New Music Hall was an extensive alteration and rebuilding by Joseph Paxton and G.H. Stokes of the earlier Gothic Saloon, opening in 1858. It was destroyed by fire in 1876 being replaced in 1879 by the Spa Theatre which still exists on the site.
Author J N CARTER