A framed engraved view 1741 with later hand colouring The Buck brothers travelled the length and breadth of England and Wales producing remarkable detailed panoramic views of the cities. The view of Bury, a resort of polite society in Bucks Day is taken from what is now St James Middle School showing the river Lark and where it is joined by the Linnet. Showing the fishponds, beyond are the ruins of the Abbey the Abbots palace St Marys church the Manor House, Samsons tower. On the horizon Hardwick House (demolished in the 1930s) Horringer Church. A fine example of this detailed record of Bury St Edmunds at the latter end of the 18th century.
Author Samuel and Nathaniel Buck