Some Account of the Religious Institutions of Old Nottingham bound with Some Account of The Tombs, Chapels, Chantries and Gilds in the parish churches of Old Nottingham, mainly St. Mary's
Published by Thomas Forman and Sons, Nottingham, 1895, 1898, 1899, 1902, 1st book form being reprinted from The Nottinghamshire Guardian. Half leather binding. Four raised bands to spine. Horizontal gilt decoration to bands. Gilt lettering on leather patches to compartments two and four. Aem. 8.5ins x 6.75ins, marbled endpapers, ii, 219pp, iv, 59pp. The first work comprises three series, each with its own title page. The first two are by both authors the third by Alfred Stapleton alone. All three are printed in a double column format. First series concludes at p105 and contains some sketch diagrams and floorplans. Second series (pps 106 to 161) also has illustrations and diagrams. Third series (pps 163 to 219) has a full page illustration and a sketch map. The next work (Tombs, Chapels, etc is by Alfred Stapleton. Printed in the same double column format with a few sketch illustrations within the text. Signature of previous owner ( a Gwen Stapleton) to verso of front free endpaper. Top of spine a little rubbed but a VG copy of a scarce work.
stock no 48924
Author Stapleton, Alfred & Stevenson, William
Date 1895, 1898, 1899, 1902
Binding half leather with cloth boards
Publisher Thomas Forman and Sons