Four documents concerned with the Paddington Estate in West London. The monks of Westminster had land in Paddington from the 11th Century. After the Reformation, these rested with the Bishop of London. From the late 19th Century, these were gradually sold of through holding companies, the last being sold in the 1980's. These documents comprise: July 1903 - A counterpart licence for 14 Cleveland Square with permissions to renovations and changes to the property. 4 pages. April 1913 - A counterpart licence to add a garage for private motor cars to 7 Chilworth Mews. 3 pages and a large drawn &was coloured architectural plan of the front of the building and ground floor (on glassine). July 1926 - A licence and deed of covenant to allow 40 Cleveland Square into 3 maisonettes. 12 pages. plus a large folding architectural plan of the proposed changes. with seals and tagged seal. February 1929 - A lease from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners to A. H. Heath for a lease on 110 Westbourne Terrace, Paddington. 6 pages and glassine coloured plan of property. A nice bundle of London related legal documents.
Author Paddington Estate