Scarce Suffolk title (1854)

Tymms, Samuel

An Architectural and Historical Account of the Church of St. Mary, Bury St. Edmund's

Published: Jackson & Frost / Simpkin & Marshall

Date: 1854

Published by Jackson & Frost, Bury St. Edmund's and Simpkin and Marshall, London, 1854, 1st edition. Half leather binding with marbled boards. Four raised bands to spine. Gilt lettering on red leather patch to spine.9.25ins x 7.5ins, marbled endpaers, [x], 208pp plus frontis and 7pp plates. Other illustrations within the text. Preliminary pages include an engraved title page with coloured initials stating that the illustrations were from original drawings by Cottingham and Son, Architects. Armorial bookplate of Hasted to front pastedown. Signature of same name to verso of front free endpaper. Occasional heavy foxing. Small split to top of spine. G+ copy of scarce title. Steward, 4376

Provenance
bookplate of Hasted to front pastedown

Bibliography
Steward 4376

Illustrated
yes

Condition
G+ some heavy foxing

Binding
Half leather with marbled boards

£195

Offered by Missing Books