A Description and Plan of the Boundary Line of the Parish of Clapham in the County of Surrey, as it was ascertained and settled by a Committee appointed for that Purpose, pursuant to a Resolution of Vestry bearing date 27th October 1806 ([ 1806 ])

William Franks, Vestry Clerk

1806 Manuscript Clapham, London

Date: [ 1806 ]

This is a wonderful and historically important manuscript document in which the boundary of the Clapham parish in south west London was drawn up and recorded here in this document dated 27th October 1806, having been settled by a committee that was appointed for that purpose, the book consists of a very detailed description of the parish border and describing the whole of its length as you would see it if perambulating it by foot, recording buildings, Windmills, Watercourses, Roads, Farms, boundary marker posts, bridges, Clapham Common etc, as it follows along its course bordering Battersea, Lambeth, Streatham parish’s, and Tooting Common, running to eleven pages of very neat and easy to read text, accompanied with a series of nine hand drawn maps highlighted in colour which show the whole of the border in sections, plus two pages of pencilled notes to the rear, also loosely inserted is an accompanying letter from “The Board of Works for the Wandsworth District” dated 23rd November 1899 in which they outlay some proposed alterations in the Parish boundary, this is accompanied with a four page printed document which details the proposed changes, book is 10.75 inches tall approx., leather binding rubbed and worn lacking most of the spine covering, boards still well attached, a few marks within else contents in very good general condition. A very important historical manuscript document in which the Parish boundary of Clapham was settled, in what is now the London borough of Lambeth

Binding
Leather

£3450

Offered by Andrew Cox